Epoxy Flooring: What Are The Advantages?
If you are familiar with epoxy flooring, it is most likely a flooring you associate with large commercial buildings such as warehouses and hospitals. But there is a new trend – using epoxy flooring in your home. Epoxy is a synthetic material composed of two different chemical components. This material produces a sturdy surface that has traditionally been very bland. However, with the evolution of hard flooring rather than carpet being used in homes, epoxy has become a favorite contender and is now available in many different styles and colors. Are you looking for epoxy resurfacing in Glendale CA? There are a host of fine companies who specialize in epoxy flooring.
Why Should I Choose Epoxy Flooring?
While it is well known that epoxy floors are rugged, there are many other reasons why they might be a good choice for your home:
- Design capabilities – Epoxy flooring can provide a neutral floorground for your decor or you can choose a brighter color to lighten your space. Also available are flaked and lava flow metallic epoxies to create a more artistic, customized look.
- Affordability – Epoxy can be installed directly onto concrete and the cost is one of the least expensive in flooring choices.
- Non-Porous – Epoxy resists oil, grease, bleach, and any other spill. In addition, epoxy flooring does not hold bacteria or germs. Cleaning is a snap! No more cleaning your carpet or grout in your tile floor.
- Long Lifespan – Epoxy flooring last longer than any other flooring except concrete. Concrete requires sealing and can be used as the base of an epoxy coating. Removing marks from epoxy flooring is a breeze with a magic eraser.
Should I Install My Own Epoxy Flooring?
Although installing epoxy flooring is not that difficult, it is a long process and requires knowledge about the best practices of installation. Mistakes can be costly and there is no warranty on do-it-yourself projects. Some things to consider:
- The concrete you are using for your base must be prepared. All cracks and holes must be repaired and the concrete must be properly cleaned.
- Timing is a concern. Once your epoxy is mixed, you only have about 2 hours to spread the mixture.
- Multiple applications with 12 hour drying times make a DIY project a test of patience. If you are installing within your home, this can be inconvenient and may even mean you need to find somewhere else to stay.
As you can see, epoxy flooring is an exciting way to upgrade and beautify your home. Living with flooring that will stand the test of time AND look stunning at the same time, makes the decision an easy one. Epoxy resurfacing in Glendale CA should be a cinch as there are a myriad of professional companies located in the area.