Girls with curls, this one’s for you! Even after using the best shampoo and conditioner, are you still facing the tangling hassle? Then, it’s time to make pre-poo your new BFF. Pre-poo, what? Never heard of this treatment? Well, right from moisturizing your curls to resolving your tangling horrors, a pre-poo treatment saves the day like a hero! Today, let’s get you acquainted with this buzz-worthy treatment, along with the perfect pre-poo routine.
What Is Pre-Poo?
The meaning of pre-poo is to apply an oil or a hair cream prior to shampooing.
It is a shorter (cooler) abbreviation for a pre-shampoo treatment. When it comes to using pre-poo for curly hair, it helps in moisturizing your parched scalp and thereby revives your curls. Likewise, it adds a protective layer over your scalp and shields the natural oils from stripping away. The clock doesn’t stop here, this pre-shampoo treatment plays its trump card by making your curls soft and supple. This in turn helps you in removing your tangles at ease.
If you go to see, a pre-poo treatment is literally all-things-good for a curly, coily and wavy hair type. Still can’t believe us, then try out this following routine for yourself.
Pre-Poo For Curly Hair
A pre-poo routine is quite easy to implement. All you need is a pre-poo oil or curl cream and some leisure time to get that self-care vibe right. Here’s how it goes,
- Apply the pre-poo treatment: Divide your hair into a smaller section and apply the pre-poo oil or cream on your curly hair. Start from the roots working your way up to the ends and coat all your strands.
- Detangle your hair: Now, run a wide-toothed comb through your hair. This will be beneficial for you in the post-showering bit.
- Let it seep: Leave the product on your hair for 30 minutes. If you are using oil, you can leave it on over-night.
- Wash it off: Wash your hair as usual with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Dry and style: Lastly, either air-dry your hair or use a diffuser. Don’t forget to use curly anti-frizz hair cream to wave off the frizziness.
Isn’t this pre-poo treatment easy and attainable? So, what’s stopping you from knocking your detangling woes. Go and start scouring for the best hair care products online and find your pre-poo bud, now!