The solar industry may be quite new, but it’s growing quickly, with installations forecasted to surge by 40% in the next five years. This means there will be many potential solar customers. Big solar companies have sales teams and contact centers who work on their lead generation. Small business owners, however, will need to be more alert and creative when they generate solar leads.
Here are six ways you can identify your target solar customers.
- Align your solar business brand with your target market. The solar industry is very competitive. You can stand out by understanding your target market and aligning your brand with your client’s values. Building trust is necessary since 70% of customers buy from brands that reflect their values. You can price your panels the lowest in your area, or you can ensure solar panel installation within a certain period of time. You can use eco-friendly materials. Highlight your unique selling points in all your marketing efforts.
- Meet potential customers at in-person events. Run a stall at related local events if you’re looking to generate residential solar leads. You can network with possible customers including other vendors. You can provide a keynote speech or run a workshop at the same event. Take part in local community functions. Host a fundraiser for a charity, create mini-events to celebrate Earth Hour or volunteer with your homeowners.
- Create partnerships with complementary businesses. Pay a visit to other companies and introduce yourself and your services. Starting professional relationships may open referrals to their clients. You can partner with their business for a joint package. Partner with a roofing company and offer a deal for a new roof and solar panel installation for a discounted price.
- Set up your website. 46% of shoppers perform online research when planning for a huge buy. If they can’t find you online, then they’ll look to your competitors. You can set up your website on your own, or you can have someone else do it for you. Ensure that it looks professional, functions well, and defines your services that appeal to your target market. Your contact details should be shown. Include high-quality pictures and recommendations from your previous customers. Tempt your visitors with discount vouchers when they provide their emails. Track your solar leads in a spreadsheet or a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- Create helpful content about solar energy. Solar power and renewable energy are hot topics nowadays. Take advantage by providing educational content marketing designed to generate solar leads. List pertinent topics that will appeal to your potential customers like the benefits of solar energy, how solar panels can help you save money, or how to install a solar panel. You can write blogs and post them on social media. Content should be optimized for search engines by using SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies.
- Use business listing sites to improve your brand’s visibility. When looking for local businesses, most people read online reviews. Register on industry sites like the Solar Energy Industries Association® (SEIA) National Solar Database or Solar Business Hub. Ensure your business is listed on Yelp Business Page.
Solar Exclusive are solar marketing experts who will empower you and expose you to the online generation of solar leads. They have a custom-made lead generation system specific to your company that will use their collected data to get you fast appointments and increase your sales. Book a strategy call here.