For some people, a bike is only a mode of transportation, with which they can travel from place to place. However, for some riding a bike is a childhood dream. You can take your beloved bike on a ride and go on long road trips and trips with friends. There is a big difference in loving and knowing how to ride a bike. Today we are going to give you some tips on how to ride a bike properly. But before that, you should know that, once you are trained in riding a bike and are eligible to buy your bike, you should buy bike insurance as well. Insuring your beloved bike with two wheeler insurance is an essential thing that you should do as it provides financial support in case of uncertainties. Let’s check out some of the tips:
Buy Proper Gear
One of the first thing that you should do is buy a proper gear. These bike gear will ensure that you are protected all the time. These essential gears will keep you safe. As a beginner, you need these gears more than an experienced rider because you will be more prone to tipping over and accidents. Given below are some of the essential gears that you should buy for safe riding:
- Eye protection
- Leather jacket and pants
Take Bike Riding Classes
Once you have bought the essential gear, you should then learn how to ride the bike from the professional. It is advisable to get yourself enrolled in a class that will teach you to ride a bike. These bike-riding classes will teach you basic riding skills in a safe and controlled environment. These institutions will also provide you with motorcycles. This way you don’t have to buy your bike to learn to ride it.
Get Use To Your Bike
If you want to ride your bike safely, you need to have a good eye, hand, and foot coordination with your motorcycle. You need to learn different controls. You can get a learner’s license from a reputable license provider only after you know the different controls of your bike. Given below are the brief rundown of some of the common motorcycle controls:
- Throttle grip: What car accelerator does in the car; throttle grip do it in the bike. It is situated on the right side of the handlebar. With the help of your right hand, you can control it.
- Front brake: Just like throttle grip, the front brake is also present on the right side of the handlebar. You need to squeeze gently to apply the brake.
- Rear brake: This is situated on the lower right side of the bike. You need to apply pressure with your right foot to apply the brake.
- Gearshift lever: This is situated on the lower left side of the bike. You can change gear while you are riding with the help of this lever.
- Clutch lever: This is present on the left side of the handlebar. It’s used to change gears.
With the help of the above-mentioned tips, you can start your bike riding journey efficiently. Practice daily to sharpen your bike riding skills.