PDF and Word files cover almost everything from writing articles, presentations, descriptions, and major projects. Whether it is medical, real estate, or legal industries, all of them extensively use these formats on a daily basis.
Both of them have similar features where Doc refers to Microsoft Word and PDF refers to “portable document format.” Read further to know more about PDF and Word files.
How is PDF and Word document different?
PDF and Word files are useful in viewing and editing large written documents. Word was developed by Microsoft, and Adobe Systems developed PDF. Adobe Acrobats is useful in viewing and editing PDF files. Different companies can work according to the preferences of the users with the help of these formats.
Why are the benefits of PDF and Word documents?
- These files are easy to port and transfer without worrying about the dependencies. You can share the PDF and Word document without harming the fonts, images, tables, or any other element in it.
- The PDF and Word documents are universally supported. It means that almost all apps are capable of sharing, opening, and displaying documents. Whether it is Linux, Mac, or Windows, you can use these apps without any issues.
- You can rely on these formats to view data precisely the way you want to, no matter where you are viewing it. If you share PDF or Word docs with others, the images, paragraphs, vectors, and graphs remain the same. However, if you convert a PDF to Word doc, some of these elements are affected depending on the method.
- Creating PDF and Doc files does not require any complicated steps. You can create these files by using different apps or online platforms for conversions. The Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, or Word documents can easily help you convert a PDF file in Word format.
- There are methods to password protect your PDF files for extra safety. You can secure the content in your PDF file, and only the people with passwords will have access to the document.
- You have the option of customizing the documents your way. It means that if your document has a lot of images and graphs, the size might create restrictions while sharing. These files come with the option of lowering the quality by decreasing the size of the given files. Students can use this method to ease up massive projects’ submissions and easily share them via email.
- You get the independence to use various versions and get rid of the problems of incompatibility. Don’t worry if some files are not supporting the software on your device. You can convert those files to different formats using various applications or online tools. Suppose a “.pptx” is not compatible with your device, use a tool to edit PDF file and easily share it.
- The versatility of these formats is undeniable. Whether it is text, images, graphs, pie charts, long annual reports, you can insert and remove them from the documents.
Word and PDF files are the most universal and feature-rich formats available today. Both of them have their own set of advantages, and you can select the one according to your requirements.